Friday, November 8, 2013

Through Prayers I Do All Things ( Everyday Emmanuel)

I don't remember the last time I did a post on Everyday Emmanuel. To be honest, I haven't been translating for quite sometime. But since I am doing it again, I feel that it will be nice to share it here as well.

Many people use prayers to get their desired outcomes or to change their situation. God ask us to pray so that we can enter a state of being Holy Spirit filled. When a person is Holy Spirit filled, regardless of whatever situation he is in or whatever conditions he has he will still be able to rejoice and testify 
for the Lord. 
I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at least you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what is it to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through him who gives me strength. 

In the last verse, it does not mean that after he prayed, his situation changed. Most of the time, it doesn't change at all.  What is absolute is that Holy Spirit comes upon him.

The secret in that whenever he prays , he sees that 

1. Every of his situation is the most perfect. 
He confirms in his spirit that God is the Jehovah Jireh.

2.God still give him joy and a satisfied heart. 
If he has little, he spends less, if he has more, he will also spend accordingly. When he is constantly hungry, he knows that God wants him to pray.
His focus is in heaven and his heart is focus on listening to God so the Holy Spirit gives him pure and immense joy that enable him to see God's love in everything. 

3. He gives thanks for his faith
Not give thanks because his problems were solved. Paul is more happy in meeting God in his spirit than having his problem solved.He delights in following God more than getting the praises and approval from men; happy to see God's help rather than men's help.

Maybe our motives are wrong when we pray, we put a lot of focus on the physical outcome. 
We should focus on getting our hearts and minds influenced by God's words so that we can discern and make judgement in all things through the Truth. 
Paul only wants to see the Emmanuel God is his prayer. Therefore, he finds whatever he seeks.

This is the video. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JpSY8s1ns4&feature=youtu.be

No comments: